Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Gimme Some Money!



While it's no secret that Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) ain't exactly a barn-burnin' for-profit enterprise, I do offer potential patrons a chance to support whatever the hell it is I do here. Your portal for patronage is Patreon, which gives my legion o' fans the opportunity to subscribe to Boppin' and help keep me fully-stocked with Belgian beer and Batman comic books.



You can subscribe to Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) for as little as $2 a month. I've adjusted the subscriber incentives to make them more attractive to gullibl...er, discerning interested parties. Starting this month, patrons at the $2 entry level will receive the monthly private blog post, a bonus post which will not be made available to the public for at least one month after its distribution to patrons. The December bonus was the unpublished introduction and preamble to Gabba Gabba Hey! Conversations With The Ramones, my ever-forthcoming, never-to-be-finished book about Forest Hills' Phenomenal Pop Combo; I will make this Ramones post available retroactively to all qualifying patrons who sign on before the end of December. The January bonus is still to be determined, but I'm leaning toward either an edition of The Greatest Record Ever Made or a stand-alone chapter of Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio.

The bonus blog post was previously only available to patrons at the $5 monthly level. Starting this month, the $5 fans also have the opportunity to suggest a topic for a future public post. Significant restrictions apply--I'm not writing anything I don't believe in writing--but I'll always make a good-faith effort to accommodate any reasonable suggestion. Extra-philanthropic $10 monthly patrons will also receive a handwritten thank-you note--and a badly-drawn superhero sketch!--via snail mail. You can laugh, but if I ever become famous, this stuff'll be gold. Gold, I tell you!

And now you can laugh at the idea of me ever becoming famous.

Interested? God, I hope you are! Details are here, and operators are standing by. Fund me,baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment