Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Blogkeeping Near 40,0000 Views



Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) is edging its mutant way toward 40,000 views; still a modest number, sure, but I maintain that ain't bad for an obscure blog by an unknown writer. It would be really cool to amass 50,000 views by the time we hit the blog's first anniversary on January 18th, but I don't think that's likely. Not unless I write a bunch of new stuff about The Monkees.

Last week's blogs were all about the 850th episode of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl; this week's offerings should, in theory, be slightly more substantive. I'm working on a few things, and one or more of them may see daylight here pretty soon:

Goldmine: Last month marked the 30th anniversary of my first publication in Goldmine, the bi-weekly music tabloid that was foolish and/or visionary enough to publish my writing for twenty years. I've already begun writing a rather lengthy look back at my Goldmine origin, a task which may force me to write more about the '80s than I ever planned to do here. It's done when it's done.

The Everlasting First: I've been promising to resume my series of A-Z series reminiscences of my first exposures to various singing acts and superheroes. And I will! Honest! I may start splitting the music and comics pieces into separate posts, just to make it easier to promote those posts to an appropriate audience; comics fans sometimes don't wanna see a link to pop music subject matter, and vice versa. I'm not sure yet if that's what I want to do. But, one way or the other, the series will return soon with J Is For The Jam and Jimmy Olsen, either as two posts or as one.

Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio: Backburnered, but coming. My autobiography of reading comic books and listening to records while theoretically in the act of growing up will resume with me entering sixth grade in September of 1970.

The Greatest Record Ever Made: One of my most popular features! There will be many more of these, because an infinite number of records can be THE Greatest Record Ever Made, as long as they take turns.

Those are the four main things for now. But ya never know with me, because I never know with me. A Brighter Light In My Mind, my recent fictional history of The Flashcubes, wasn't ever planned, but came outta nowhere as a five-part serial that I really enjoyed creating. My Thanksgiving post was also written on the spur of the moment. i write about whatever shiny thing distracts me in the moment. So, while I intend to work on the Goldmine, Everlasting First, Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio, and The Greatest Record Ever Made pieces, I'm just as likely to write a Comic Book Retroview or some other random notion instead. I flit from pretty flower to pretty flower....

In my never-ending quest to make a buck or two off my own ramblings, I continue to wish for supporters on Patreon; you can become a patron of Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) for as little as $2 a month; those who pledge $5 a month get a bonus monthly blog post, available only to my subscribers (like my Ramones post this month). Want in on the action? Fund me, baby! And the blog bops on....












No comments:

Post a Comment