Thursday, July 21, 2016

Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) # 200

Me 'n' my babe, Disney World, 2009.  Photo by Meghan Cafarelli

Love does not give meaning. Love can't fill in the blanks. Love can't make us taller, fitter, smarter, or prettier.

But love can give voice to the song that plays beneath our words and deeds.  Love can transform our inarticulate dreams into poetry, our vague goals into action, our imperfections into purity. Love can make us better. The love we have for others is the only thing that can make us better.

Love does not give meaning.  Love is meaning.  And love is the greatest gift we have to share during our short stay in this world.  Love is not all you need. But nothing else will matter much without it.

This 200th post on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) is dedicated to my one, my only, my meaning, my love.  Happy Anniversary, Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment