Wednesday, August 29, 2018

100-Page FAKES!: A fading future



Today's blog was supposed to be a 100-Page FAKES! edition of Secret Origins # 2, expanding that regular-sized 1973 reprint comic book into an imaginary 100-Page Super Spectacular. I had about 64 pages of comics selected and formatted, supplementing the genuine title's Supergirl, Green Lantern, and Atom origins with more who-they-are-and-they-came-to-be tales from the DC Comics archives.

While I was working on this, however, much of my digital comics library apparently just vanished. Like, gone. Even scans that I'd looked at that same day suddenly weren't there anymore.

I have some backups, but not everything. I'm going to try to rebuild what I can, and I should be able to find enough to complete the faux 100-page Secret Origins # 2. But that may be it for 100-Page FAKES! It was fun while it lasted.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment