Thursday, July 6, 2023

GABBA GABBA HEY! Talking about THE RAMONES with TK99's RICK DEYULIO



On Wednesday, it was my great pleasure to sit with Rick Deyulio at Syracuse's classic rock TK99 studio and talk about the Ramones. Rick invited me in for a chat related to my book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones, and honestly, I don't think I've ever been interviewed by anyone anywhere who could demonstrate a greater knowledge and awareness of rock 'n' roll music than Rick has. He is a professional, and he was fully prepared with questions directly connected to the book itself. It was both an honor and a delight for me to do this.

(How much of a delight? The video interview ran just under forty minutes. After it was over, Rick and I stayed in the studio and just shot the breeze about music for another hour, off-mic. What a cool experience. If Rick ever writes his own book, I'm first in line to buy a copy.)

A link to the video appears below. Yeah, it's a Facebook link, but you can watch it even if you don't otherwise do Facebook. I won't tell anyone if you won't. Big thanks to my long, long-time pal Lisa Walker for putting me in touch with Rick to do this, and much respect and gratitude to Rick Deyulio for making me feel welcome. This was fun.

Go! Watch it NOW: GABBA GABBA HEY!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

If it's true that one book leads to another, my next book will be The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). Stay tuned. Your turn is coming.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment