Wednesday, January 19, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE NOTEBOOK NOTIONS: Batman In THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

 

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a fantasy about me trying to write for DC Comics: "The Notebook Notions: Batman in The Brave And The Bold."

Although I have never written for comics professionally, I have written and sold some heroic prose fiction to the good folks at AHOY Comics: "The Last Ride Of The Copperhead Kid," "The Copperhead Strikes!," and "The Copperhead Affair," plus one more ("Chaos At The Copperhead Club") that was published by AHOY but is not yet cleared to share here. For this blog, I've written a teaser blurb and some introductory pages for a Green Hornet adventure, the first few chapters of a novel called ETERNITY MAN!, and a history of my childhood superhero creation Jack Mystery. I've been immersed in writing nonfiction lately, but I'll be getting back to just making stuff up as soon as I have the opportunity.

One thing I'll never get around to is actually writing for DC Comics. Nonetheless, the first of a two-part indulgence imagining me in charge of a Batman team-up book provides the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment