Thursday, February 4, 2016

Rolled By Rolling Stone

Hey, Rolling Stone lifted a Johnny Ramone quote about The Bay City Rollers verbatim from my 1994 Goldmine Ramones interviews.  Attribution woulda been nice.  Does this mean I've arrived?

Rolling Stone:  "I think we wanted to be a bubblegum band," says Johnny of the Ramones' early days. "At one point, the Bay City Rollers were becoming popular. They had written 'Saturday Night' and we sat down and said, 'We have to write a song with a chant in it, like they have.'"

From my interview with Johnny Ramone:   We started off, and I think we wanted to be a bubblegum band.  At one point, The Bay City Rollers were becoming popular.  They had written "Saturday Night," and we then sat down and said, "We have to write a song with a chant in it, like they have."  So we wrote "Blitzkrieg Bop."  Somehow, in our warped minds, I think we thought we were a bubblegum group.

No comments:

Post a Comment