Friday, November 10, 2017

Drafts On Tap (Blog Entries, Not Beers)

("Drafts On Tap?" Damn, now I want a beer. I'm so suggestible.)


But no, this is not about lagers and ales, how tonight is kinda special, nor why it's tough to argue over a Utica Club. (Though, for the record, my preferred quaff is Kasteel Winter ale. Oooh, it's good!) This is about the many drafts of future Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do posts, all queued up in various stages of nowhere near ready yet. Maintaining a daily blog requires one to always have a lot of ideas percolating. I keep these ideas as drafts, and complete them (or not) as whim dictates. For each day's post, I either start something fresh, or I go back to flesh out a previous draft. This approach helps me to continue crafting (presumably) engaging content for you, the cherished Boppin' reader.



These images show you a squint-eyed glimpse of my current drafts. Some of these will never be completed. Two of them are already finished; my $2 a month paid patrons have already read about my Top 25 Paul McCartney tracks and 5 great songs from movies I either didn't like or never saw, and both will posted publicly when the time comes (McCartney in December, movie songs any day now). Patrons have also seen the current draft intro of "It Came From The Garage!," an unfinished retrospective of '60s garage rock 'n' roll.





Most of the other entries have very little content in their files, and some exist as place-marker titles only. "Rejection Accepted, Part 1" (the first of a two-part series covering writing I've tried but failed to sell) has an introductory paragraph and some notes; my 25 favorite Hollies tracks has a rough cut of a bunch of song titles for me to whittle down to 25 and then annotate . A forthcoming Everlasting First entry has a solid paragraph and a half written about The Ramones, which I may use there or might re-purpose for a different post altogether; it could appear sooner if I use it as a different Ramones-related post, since The Everlasting First still has to get through Gene Pitney, The Powerpuff Girls, Suzi Quatro, and probably Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch before the alphabet gets around to The Ramones. We may wind up with R is for The Raspberries instead, tentatively followed by R is for Rima the Jungle Girl. But Gene Pitney first!



That illustrates both the joy and the challenge of doing this every day. I rarely have a lot of specifics set up in advance. But there is never any shortage of ideas to sift through.

Time for a nice glass of Kasteel! Then...back to work.






TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment