Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Of Broadway, Hamilton, and Random Page Views



In my familiar role as an obsessive clinging to the fanciful illusion that this blog amounts to something, I check my page views here pretty often. I see how each new post is doing, and I see what old posts have attracted sudden interest. And it's a constant and pleasant li'l wonder that a post from June 17, 2016 is very nearly always pickin' up fresh clicks from somewhere. That post was called On Broadway.

On Broadway was my reminiscence of a college friend named Les Odom, and my quest to determine whether or not the Les I knew was father to actor Leslie Odom, Junior. I'd seen the younger Mr. Odom on TV in the series Smash, and later in a televised performance of a song from the Broadway sensation Hamilton, in which he was featured as Aaron Burr. The resemblance was definitely there, and my lovely wife Brenda and I tried to sleuth out if this dynamic actor and singer was indeed the son of a guy we used to know thirty-five years before "Aaron Burr, Sir." [SPOILER ALERT: Yep.]

I like the On Broadway piece quite a bit--I'm a big fan of me--but I remain surprised and mystified but its resilience here. What draws people to this piece so consistently? How do people find out about it? It's never cracked my all-time Top 10 most-viewed posts, but it's likely my most persistently-viewed. Nearly two years later, it's still very often one of my most-clicked blog posts in any given week. That tickles me. And I'd surely love to know the why and the who behind its perpetual appeal. If you happen to be one of my reg'lar On Broadway clickers, I'm eager to hear from you.

Or, y'know, if you wanna thank us with Hamilton tickets, we're not throwing away our shot.



TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 


Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment