Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Week In Review



So! What did we accomplish this week?

It's been a holdin' pattern type of week for my book The Greatest Record Ever Made. The partial manuscript is in the hands of someone important to its potential progress, and it may still be a few more weeks before anything moves forward (if it moves forward at all). My pitch for the book was met with great enthusiasm, and I'm hopeful that enthusiasm will continue with the manuscript itself. 

In the mean time, I've continued to work on finishing the book. When I submitted the completed portions of the manuscript, the book was a little more than 75 % done: all of the supplemental chapters were finished, and 74 of the 100 song entries were done. Now, that completed number is up to 80, with just 20 more to go.

Or maybe there's 22 to go, or 21 to go...or 24?! As I quipped on Facebook recently: The good news: Over the past few days I’ve written two more chapters for my book. The bad news: neither of them was about a song I intended to cover in the book. My muse is kind of a jerk. That leaves me with a list of 102 songs for 100 spots, and there are still two more songs I'm considering, bringing the rough mix total to 104. At this time, I don't intend to increase the number of spots beyond a Hot 100, but we'll see. Decisions await. 

A few folks have asked me when AHOY Comics will start publishing my short stories. I don't know the size and scope of AHOY's inventory, but all writers are warned upfront that it can take up to a year for a story to see print. AHOY has purchased two of my short stories, and has four more under consideration. When the good people at AHOY inform me that one or the other of my stories ("Guitars Vs. Rayguns" and "The Picture Of Amontillado") is ready for public viewing, hype for that event will most certainly appear right here at Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do).

And that's my story as June begins its ubiquitous busting. More Bops to come.



TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Hey, Carl's writin' a book! The Greatest Record Ever Made will contain 100 essays (and then some) about 100 tracks, plus one bonus instrumental, each one of 'em THE greatest record ever made. An infinite number of records can be the greatest record ever made, as long as they take turns. Updated initial information can be seen here: https://carlcafarelli.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-greatest-record-ever-made-and-other.html

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe FlashcubesChris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here. A digital download version (minus The Smithereens' track) is also available from Futureman Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment