Saturday, October 9, 2021

Blogkeeping At 2200 + Posts, 600,000 + Views

I just realized that the hype for last week's This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio on October 3rd was my 2200th post here at Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do). The milestone completely missed my notice at the time; I really oughtta start paying attention, but my attention account is usually overdrawn. Let's take the opportunity now for a quick look at the state of the blog and its resident blogger.

Mostly we'll look at the state of the blogger. It's ALL about me, isn't it?

The book project I've been teasing all year is moving ahead. I had a nice chat with the publisher a couple of weeks ago, discussing the book, its content, and potential cover ideas. We're a go, but I can't announce anything until the contract's done. Publication is targeted for fall of 2022.

This forthcoming book is not The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). That project remains sidelined, but I refuse to abandon it. I don't think it's something the above-mentioned publisher is interested in doing, but never say never. Unlike the book coming out next year, GREM! needs an agent to represent it. I haven't started to look for a new agent since parting ways with my previous agent. But I'm still working on GREM!, so don't count it out yet.

My short story "Chaos At The Copperhead Club" will hit comic book stores this week, in the pages of Second Coming: Only Begotten Son # 6, published by AHOY Comics. You can use Comic Shop Locator to find a funnybook retailer near you. Alas, the good folks at AHOY have passed on my latest short story "Pop Friction." Bummer. After all these years, rejection still gets under my skin. But...onward! The story will probably turn up on this blog at some point instead.

Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) remains committed to its ill-advised original promise of daily posting. A post a day, every day. This is post # 2206, presented before an audience of over 600,000 views. The one-million mark is in our crosshairs. We'll get there with stuff like 10 Songs (Tuesday's edition is already written), The Everlasting First (to resume soon with a piece about the Turtles), Comic Book Retroview (looking at DC Comics' brief '60s run of Captain Action), He Buys Every Rock 'n' Roll Book On The Magazine Stands (the long-promised look back at CREEM magazine), The Greatest Record Ever Made!, The Other Side Of The Hit: B-Side Appreciation, Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery, Didn't Hear THAT Coming! (Unexpected Covers In Concert), your weekly This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio playlists and hype, and more as I fabricate 'em. Rejections notwithstanding, ya can't stop the Bop.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.


No comments:

Post a Comment