Wednesday, October 6, 2021

POP-A-LOOZA: Give Me A Head With Hair, Long Quarantine Hair


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is an account of my history with haircuts, "Give Me A Head With Hair, Long Quarantine Hair."

I did finally get around to getting a haircut some time after this piece was written, but the ol' tresses are starting to get long again. I never really stopped shaving, even when I was staying home from work in the early weeks of the pandemic shutdown.

I lost a lot of weight over the past year and a half; oddly enough, the dropping of pounds coincided with an increased consumption of sodas. I had previously cut back on soft drinks, usually limiting myself to one Coca-Cola a week, but I've been drinking one a day as the weight slipped away. This is a coincidence--purely a fluke--not a dietary recommendation. Nonetheless, my history of beverage and food brand name preferences is detailed here, my love of coffee discussed here, and I talk about some of the old t-shirts that might suddenly fit again here.

But today, it's all about my long locks. "Give Me A Head With Hair, Long Quarantine Hair" is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.

No comments:

Post a Comment