Friday, December 3, 2021

My Pop Culture Resumé


I was thinking the other day about my pop culture resumé. Actually, I was thinking about what distinctive and interesting li'l tidbit I could slip into a personal bio, like if I were auditioning for a game show. It was purely a hypothetical; I am not currently auditioning for a game show, nor is there any other immediate real-world forum for this. I mean, other than for a blog; we set the bar pretty low when it comes to a blog.

Anyway, this is what I came up with:

I've met BATMAN, talked to a BEATLE, received phone calls from THE RAMONES, saw MICKEY MANTLE hit a home run, and made SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS cry.

And no, the Beatle wasn't Pete Best.

I was also gonna include "wrote something shared by a Monkee," "sold stuff to David Copperfield and Michael Chabon," and "set up with a girl by Harlan Ellison," but that woulda been too long. All true, though.

I could explain each of these. But what fun is that? 

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.

No comments:

Post a Comment