Wednesday, December 8, 2021

POP-A-LOOZA: THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! The First Class, "Beach Baby"

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is my Greatest Record Ever Made! celebration of "Beach Baby" by the First Class.

For whatever undiscovered reason, the original post of this piece found an immediate audience, an audience larger than the typical accumulation o' clicks on this blog. It very quickly became my all-time most-viewed blog post, and it retained its position at # 1 for a very long time thereafter. Current stats indicate it's still # 2 overall (behind only my GREM! spotlight on the Smithereens' "Behind The Wall Of Sleep"), and while the individual stats I see don't always line up precisely with what Blogger says, there is no question that these have been two of my most-seen posts.

Why did the "Beach Baby" entry gather so much notice? Damned if I have any clue. But it connected somehow. As a writer, that kind of connection is all you can hope for. My connection with a little song called "Beach Baby" is the inspiration for the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.

No comments:

Post a Comment