Thursday, April 13, 2023

GABBA GABBA HEY! Ramones book hype starts to click into place


As we careen closer and closer to the early May publication date of my new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones, some specific elements of the book's DIY hype machine are beginning to click into place.

First: the book has been printed. Wait, that requires all caps 'n' bold: THE BOOK HAS BEEN PRINTED! The preorders are being shipped to me so's I can autograph them and return them to my mighty publisher Rare Bird Books, who will then send those deface...signed books to the lovely people who ordered them. HuzZAH!

On Monday May 8th, I will appear on Bridge Street, the popular and long-running morning TV talk show on Syracuse's ABC affiliate WSYR NewsChannel 9. Channel 9 is a big, big supporter of everything good that happens in Central New York, and I can't thank them enough for agreeing to have me on to hawk my li'l Ramones book. Bridge Street airs weekday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00 Eastern time.

The following Saturday, May 13th, The 443 Social Club And Lounge on Burnet Avenue in Syracuse will host a GABBA GABBA HEY! BOOK RELEASE PARTY, with live music from 1.4.5. (featuring Paul Armstrong of SAMMYS [Syracuse Area Music Awards] Hall of Famers the Flashcubes) and Perilous. It may be the loudest book release party in recent memory, and I hope to see my local rockin' pop fans in attendance.

There are a few more things in early stages of arrested development. We'll update those as they solidify. Meanwhile: THE BOOK EXISTS! In print and everything. I'll see your Gabba and raise ya one more. HEY!!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available for preorder, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!!

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment