Friday, June 14, 2024

Rolling Out THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! (VOLUME 1)


At this writing, preorder options for the ebook of my long-threatened tome The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) have begun to appear on various sites (including Barnes & Noble and Apple), and there is an exclusive early release presale at Smashwords that allows customers to purchase and download the ebook right now, nearly a month before its scheduled release on July 10th.

I'm more of a hold-it-in-your-hands-and-turn the-pages sort of guy. Amazon is the first site I've seen offering preorders for the physical copy. More will come, and PLEASE NOTE: If you have a local bookseller, the good folks at your town's bookstore will be able to order you a copy of the book once it hits Ingram. I hope that happens very soon. I don't discourage anyone from using the big online retailers, but if you can support local, by all means SUPPORT LOCAL! Keep bookstores alive!

Here in Syracuse, I've booked a July 17th appearance on NewsChannel 9's morning talk show Bridge Street, and I should be doing an in-store at the mighty Parthenon Books within a day or two after that. I'm open to other promotional mojo; if you have a soapbox you wanna share with me, I'm pretty much in.

I have ordered my own initial set of books, and hope to receive them within the next two weeks or less. It's been a very long road since 2019 when I announced my intention to write this book, since 2016 when the very first GREM! piece (about Badfinger) was posted on my blog, since 2010 when I said on Facebook, "An infinite number of records can be THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE, as long as they take turns," and since God knows how long ago this notion first occurred to me. 

The notion is a book now. And I do hope you dig it. 


If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

Carl's book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

If it's true that one book leads to another, my next book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) will be published in July. Stay tuned. Your turn is coming.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment