Thursday, October 1, 2020

BOPPIN's Monthly Day Off

 

Once a month, Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) takes a break from its numbskull schedule of daily public posting, and publishes a private li'l sumpin just for my paid subscribers. This month's private post for patrons is another previously-unseen chapter from my eventual book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), this time devoted to "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.

(Lately, as I continue to work on this book, I find myself commenting aloud that I'd like to travel back in time to chat with my late teens/early twenties self and say, "Carl! You're gonna write a book!" As my younger self preens momentarily, I would add, "Yeah, you're gonna talk about how great Pink Floyd is, and about your favorite disco songs, and a country song, and a jazz record, and about one of the guys from The Eagles, and...." Well, by then, younger me would have a stroke. I slay me. Literally, in this case.)

Regular daily public posting will resume tomorrow. You can become a patron of this blog for a mere $2 a month: Fund me, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment