Wednesday, October 14, 2020

POP-A-LOOZA: LP Cover Cavalcade # 2

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is another in my series of annotated record album galleries, LP Cover Cavalcade # 2.

With this post, Pop-A-Looza has now shared all of my LP Cover Cavalcades and Comic Book Cover Cavalcades to date: LP Cover Cavalcade # 1 and Comic Book Cover Cavalcade # 1. Two weeks ago, I posted a complete collection of links to all editions those series' predecessor, Comics And LP Cover Cavalcade. There's still one more separate Cavalcade that will probably appear at Pop-A-Looza in the near future. Clearly, it's time for me to make more.

So. Next up will be either a Comic Book Cover Cavalcade devoted to DC Comics' 1970s dollar tabloids or the first edition of CD Cover Cavalcade. I'll commence writing the former once I get over the crushing disappointment of discovering that I got rid off all of my Famous 1st Edition tabloids somewhere along the way; WHAT WAS I THINKING...?! Oh, the humanity...! The latter will be an annotated gallery of the cover graphics from five CDs for which I wrote the liner notes.

I'm happy to say that I've written liners to more than just five CDs, as well as liners for one vinyl-only release. I think this set o' links offers portals to (nearly) my entire liner-writin' resumé:

1.4.5.: 3 Chords & A Cloud Of Dust

THE FINKERS: Whole Lotta Fun

THE FLASHCUBES: Bright Lights

THE FLASHCUBES: A Cellarful Of Boys

JACK "PENETRATOR" LIPTON: Bad Boy

THE PENETRATORS: Live At Kenny's 1980

SCREEN TEST: Inspired Humans Making Noise

VARIOUS ARTISTS: Big Stir Singles: The Fourth Wave

VARIOUS ARTISTS: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 1

VARIOUS ARTISTS: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 2

VARIOUS ARTISTS: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 3

VARIOUS ARTISTS: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4

VARIOUS ARTISTS: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 [online supplemental liners]

VARIOUS ARTISTS: Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For TIRnRR


A modest list to be sure, but I'm proud of it. I also wrote liners for Rhino Records' Poptopia! Power Pop Classics Of The '90swhich isn't linked here because I've never posted those liners on the blog. Guess I oughtta rectify that oversight.

Meanwhile, we have five other albums to talk about, by The Go-Go's, Herman's Hermits, The Kinks, The Rutles, and various Motown Records artists. LP Cover Cavalcade # 2 is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.


The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

Carl's writin' a book! The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1)will contain 165 essays about 165 tracks, each one of 'em THE greatest record ever made. An infinite number of records can each be the greatest record ever made, as long as they take turns. Updated initial information can be seen here: THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! (Volume 1).

No comments:

Post a Comment