Wednesday, March 31, 2021

POP-A-LOOZA: Lights Camera! REACTION! My Life At The Movies

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is my attempt to remember the first movies I ever saw when I was a little kid in the '60s: "Lights! Camera! REACTION! My Life At The Movies."

This was first posted here in 2017 as the inaugural entry in a sporadic blog series. I haven't gotten back to writing very many editions of Lights! Camera! REACTION!, but I have a few notions that may yet inspire sequels. Hey, it's a franchise! Pop--Looza has already reprised "Read The Movie," my reminiscence of reading paperback movie adaptations. A few more entries in this series will likely be among near-future shared posts at Pop-A-Looza. Some of them will need to be updated before sharing, and a L!C!R! about the movies I saw in 2019 is too time-specific to bother re-posting at Pop-A-Looza. (And a line in its closing paragraph, hoping that 2020 would bring many more opportunities to visit movie theaters, provides a cold, prickly feeling in the context of how that miserable year played out.)

For now, we look back at where my movie story began. "Lights! Camera! REACTION!" is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.


The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download

Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

Follow me on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

 



No comments:

Post a Comment