Saturday, March 27, 2021

POP-A-LOOZA: My Guitars

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is the story of my guitars.

I have written previously of my inability to sing, play guitar, or create music of any agreeable kind. "My Guitars" supplements the longer-form chronicle "I've Got The Music In Me (And That's Where It's Going To Stay)," and my annoying predilection for drumming on counters, walls, body parts, or what-have-you is described in "To Beat Or Not To Beat." 

Given my lack of musical prowess, my pervasive love of tunes hadda find a way to express itself in other ways: as someone who writes about music, and as someone who co-hosts a radio show. The Road To GOLDMINE goes into detail about the origin of my freelance writing career at Goldmine magazine in the '80s; it is one of my favorite pieces among all I've ever written. And the weird but compelling tale of The Best Three Hours Of Radio On The Whole Friggin' Planet unfolds in Boppin' The Whole Friggin' Planet: The History Of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio With Dana & Carl

None of it happens without the music. I sing the now-familiar refrain: I can't play, but I can write. "My Guitars" is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.


The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:


Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download

Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

Follow me on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment