Thursday, August 12, 2021

THE SHOW MUST GO ON! (Oh, The Plays I've Seen--updated list)

 

A weekend visit to Syracuse Shakespeare-In-The-Park's presentation of The Comedy Of Errors provides me with an excuse to update this attempt to keep track of all of the plays I've ever witnessed in live performance. The limits of memory assure that this is not a comprehensive list.

As I wrote in a separate post last year: "After finally experiencing my first-ever play on Broadway in 2019, I hoped to make that an annual event. The pandemic deferred that plan, but Broadway will return, and I will return to it." I look forward to adding more plays to this list...someday.

**
As a companion to my ongoing Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery of pop performers I've seen in live concerts, and a follow-up to my love letter to theater, this list will attempt to make note of every live play I've ever seen. The limits of memory place an even greater restriction on this than on my concert-goin' resumé recreation, but I'll continue to update this list as both sudden recollection and (I hope) new live theater experiences dictate.

This list does not differentiate between musicals and dramatic plays, nor does it care if the setting was Broadway, off-Broadway, the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London, Syracuse Stage, community theater, college campuses, high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, or Shakespeare in the park. As always: the play's the thing.





Amahl And The Night Visitors
Anything Goes
Beatlemania!
Brigadoon
Bye Bye Birdie
Carnival
Carousel
The Comedy Of Errors
Dames At Sea

Damn Yankees
Fiddler On The Roof
The Grapes Of Wrath
Grease
Guys And Dolls
Hair
High School Musical
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman
Jerry's Girls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage Aux Folles
The Last Five Years
Much Ado About Nothing
The Music Man
Oklahoma!
Oliver!
The Pajama Game
Pippin
The Rocky Horror Show
The Tempest
Thoughts Of A Colored Man
Three Men On A Horse
Twelfth Night
The Unsinkable Molly Brown
West Side Story
Wicked
The Wizard Of Oz
You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown





TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:

Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.

No comments:

Post a Comment