Wednesday, April 13, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE EVERLASTING FIRST! The Beau Brummels, Chuck Berry, The Black Canary, Blackhawk, Blondie, The Brave And The Bold

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archivers. The latest shared post is another dip into the files of The Everlasting First, with quick takes on my introductions to the Beau Brummels, Chuck Berry, the Black Canary, Blackhawk, Blondie, and The Brave And The Bold.

For a little bit of further Boppin' reading related to these individual subjects, I direct you to these other posts:

THE BEAU BRUMMELS [Sal Valentino interview]
CHUCK BERRY [a Greatest Record Ever Made! celebration of "Promised Land"]
THE BLACK CANARY [a 100-Page FAKE!]
BLACKHAWK [I have yet to write anything of substance about Blackhawk; this takes you instead to my history of DC Comics' 100-Page Super Spectaculars, which was where I first developed an appreciation of the character]
BLONDIE [my discovery of punk in the pages of Phonograph Record Magazine]
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD [my fantasy of writing a twelve-issue B&B run]


Every story starts somewhere, The beginnings of my stories with each of these epic musical acts and comic-book entities provide the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.


If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment