Friday, April 29, 2022

BOPPIN's Monthly Day Off

 

Once a month, Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) hits a brief pause in its clinically insane commitment to daily public posting, and distributes a private post to its beloved paid subscribers. This month's private post for patrons is another chapter from my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), this time celebrating the perhaps unlikely subject of Don Henley and "The Boys Of Summer."

I'm undecided, but this may be my final private post. Support for this blog has not materialized; I'm grateful for the generous few that have chosen to subscribe ($2 a month on Patreon), and it's true that the platform doesn't cost me anything except for what I contribute to other creators. But each month that I fail to expand my base is another reminder of how little impact I have. I'll think about it--I always think about it, every month--but it seems likely that it's time for me to leave Patreon.

But enough about that. The Don Henley piece will post to patrons on Sunday, and regular daily public posting will resume tomorrow. A bop a day is the Boppin' way.

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can contribute to this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon. For as little as $2 a month, patrons receive an exclusive private blog post each monthFund me, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment