Saturday, April 23, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: My 1970s


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. Following up on Pop-A-Looza's reprise of "My 1960s," the lated shared post recalls the music of "My 1970s."

As a supplement to this reminiscence, we have fake This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio playlists built out of songs from my 1970s and my 1960s and 1970s in the '80s, the latter celebrating '60s and '70s tracks I discovered in the '80s. A piece called "Teenage Wasteland" also recreates my soundtrack in the '70s, and my '70s experience is further detailed in concert memories of KISS, the Flashcubes, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, the Ramones and the Runaways, and the Kinks. I even attempted a tentative start of my autobiography of life in the '70s.

There's more, of course, but if we tried to link to everything I've written about the 1970s, we'd be here longer than the decade itself lasted. For now, a look back at my 1970s is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment