Wednesday, April 20, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: My 1960s

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a look back at the soundtrack for my first decade on your charming little planet, "My 1960s."

The music of the '60s looms large in my legend, though I discovered a lot of it after the fact; this piece focuses solely on '60s music I recall hearing during the '60s. I revisited the subject in a My 1960s fake TIRnRR playlist, and a subsequent fabricated playlist gathered '60s songs I discovered in the '70s. And, of course, my history of reading comic books and listening to pop music as a child in the '60s is detailed in my autobiographical piece Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio.

We'll be moving on to my 1970s in a near future shared post, and I might even write a new thing about my 1980s. Meanwhile, my 1960s is the subject of the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider  supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment