Saturday, April 2, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: Flashcubes On Fire


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is my liner note essay for a new archival 1979 live album by my favorite power pop group the Flashcubes, Flashcubes On Fire.

The Flashcubes have been very, very important to me. Their prevailing and pervasive impact upon your humble (HAR!) blogger has manifested in a number of pieces, some of which I think are among the best I've ever written. Here's a handy map to some of those pieces:

Bright Lights, Small City

A Cellarful Of Boys

The SAMMYS Syracuse Area Music Awards Hall Of Fame

Carl (You Da Man): The Flashcubes And Me

THE FLASHCUBES: The 1997 Bright Lights Interviews

Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery: My First Flashcubes Show

Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery: The Flashcubes, The Runaways, And The Ramones

Didn't Hear THAT Coming! The Flashcubes, "Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter"

A Brighter Light In My Mind (The Complete Fictional History Of My Favorite Power Pop Group)

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 Track By Track: The Flashcubes, "No Promise"

The Greatest Record Ever Made! No Promise

And that ain't all. Nope, it's not even close to all. I like the Flashcubes. And my recent essay about the unforgettable experience of a live Flashcubes show provides the subject for the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider  supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl



No comments:

Post a Comment