Saturday, January 7, 2023

Comic Book Series I Have Read (Or At Least Owned) In Their Entirety

In the spirit of my ongoing effort to remember and identify  every TV series I've ever seen it in its entirety, this is an attempt to do the same thing for comic book series. This initial attempt is based solely on memory; eventually, I'll have a look at Overstreet listings to see what additions might seem appropriate.

The list is for series that were originally announced as ongoing; I'm arbitrarily excluding titles that were billed as mini-series. It's an unfair distinction, allowing Gold Key Comics' cancelled-after-two-issues series based on the '60s TV version of The Green Hornet, but snubbing deliberately-finite runs like the twelve-issue Crisis On Infinite Earths and any of AHOY Comics' many, many fine books. Nonetheless, it's a distinction I'm stickin' with for now.

I'm also skipping series I read in collected editions. Each of the series listed below is something I read and/or owned in the original serial form, whether fresh off the racks or plucked out of the back issue bins.

And I'm not under oath here. I can't guarantee that I read every single issue of American Flagg!, DNAgents, Nexus, or Plop!, but I'm (pretty) sure I did. All-Star Squadron is omitted because I do remember bailing on the series at some point, and I don't believe I ever got around to reading the issues I missed.

American Flagg!
Animal Man
Astro City 
Bat Lash 
Beowulf 
Blue Beetle (Charlton Comics)
The Brave And The Bold [Volume 3] 
Captain Action (DC)
Crossfire
The Demon
The Destructor
DNAgents 
Doc Savage, Man Of Bronze (Marvel Comics)
E-Man (Charlton Comics)
E-Man (First Comics)
El Diablo
The Eye Of Mongambo
First Issue Special 
The Green Hornet (Gold Key Comics)
Hercules Unbound 
Hot Wheels
Hourman 
Howard The Duck 
Howard The Duck [black and white magazine]
Inferior 5 
JLA
The Joker 
Justice League
Justice Society Of America 
Justice, Inc. 
Man-Bat 
The Maze Agency 
'Mazing Man 
Melody 
Ms. Marvel [2014]
Nexus 
The Peacemaker (Charlton Comics)
Plastic Man
Plop! 
The Power Of Shazam
The Question 
The Scorpion 
Secret Origins
Secret Six [1968]
Shazam! 
The Shadow (DC)
The Shadow Strikes
The Spectre [1960s]
The Spectre [1980s]
The Spectre [1990s]
Stalker 
Starfire 
Starman [1990s]
Stars And S.T.R.I.P.E. 
Supergirl [1970s]
Supergirl [Volume 4]
Super Heroes (Dell)
Thriller 
Wasteland  
XXXenophile
Zot! 


That's the list so far. I'll come back to flesh it out at some near-future point. TO BE CONTINUED...!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment