Thursday, January 19, 2023

Looks At Books


Yes, the very day after I commemorate this blog's seventh anniversary with a post about the importance of writing every day, I follow with a post that's mostly photos. Ya never know with me. I never know with me.

But this is a post I've wanted to do for a very long time. These are photos of, I think, every book in my big ol' collection of books. We mostly just see the spines of the majority of them, but it's representative. I love books, and I accumulate them faster than I read them. My fiction tastes favor pulp, detective fiction, and superheroes (the latter in both comics and prose form), and music is my primary nonfiction interest. But I like a lot of stuff. 

The latest addition: a birthday gift from my daughter. Thanks, Meghan!

And these pictures of or from my large stacks of books were taken after a recent trip to the bookstore, a trip that found me selling rather than buying. I recognize the need to rein in my packrat tendencies, and a few more of these volumes will be sent off in search of new homes in the near future. Helping my sister clean out our late mom's house this week reminds me of the need to declutter. 

Still, I'm not letting go of everything just yet. I adore the feeling of being surrounded by books. I enjoy burrowing through used bookstores even more than I enjoy shopping at record stores. I don't think I'm quite ready to deny myself that pleasure. Meanwhile, without further comment, here's photographic evidence of the books I own right now.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment