Wednesday, May 17, 2023

GABBA GABBA HEY! My in-store appearance at PARTHENON BOOKS this Thursday

This Thursday, May 18th, I'll be making an in-store appearance at Parthenon Books, 333 South Salina Street in Syracuse, touting the irresistible appeal of my new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones. We'll be sayin' Hey-ho, let's GO! at 6 pm. Leather jackets are optional, and I hope to see you there.

This is my first in-store. We had an epic book release party at The 443 Social Club and Lounge this past Saturday (recapped here), but a retail in-store is a different creature entirely. When I was on the other side of it, working at a record store in the '80s, I remember we had an in-store for R & B duo Womack and Womack, and hardly anyone showed up (beyond the two people named Womack). It was as if it had been arranged by Artie Fufkin. (Unlike the poor lads in Spinal Tap, at least Womack and Womack didn't wind up with second billing to a puppet show.)

So I don't know what to expect Thursday. But once again: what would the Ramones do? As always, they'd shout 1-2-3-4! and get on with it. I do believe it's gonna be fun. I have always wanted to do this, and now I'm getting my chance.

Parthenon Books is a great place, located directly across the street from the Landmark Theatre (where I saw my first Kinks concert!), and just south of the former location of Economy Bookstore, where I used to spend many an hour burrowing for books in my misspen...well-spent youth. The folks at Parthenon have been so nice to me, and they even came up with the specific wording of this event's hype:

"The Ramones may be gone, but they will never be forgotten, seemingly rediscovered by new generations of coming of age rockers. For the first time, you can read The Ramones' comments about their own history in this intimate series of interviews with the legendary band. Carl will be telling the story behind the interviews and signing his book."

Gabba Gabba HEY! Parthenon will have copies of my book available for sale, and I'll be delighted to sign anything that needs signing. Hell, I'll just be delighted to be there. Join me! Screw Artie Fufkin anyway. This is gonna be cool!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment