Thursday, May 18, 2023

GABBA GABBA HEY! My Ramones book's first review, and the continuing saga of hype

My new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones has garnered its first published review, courtesy of Richard Rossi at Power Pop News: GO READ IT! 

The public's silly expectation of full disclosure compels me to concede that Rich is a long-time friend of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl, and he generally seems to like whatever it is we do. But he's also honest, and he'll let you know when he doesn't dig something. I'm very pleased that Rich digs Gabba Gabba Hey!

TODAY, Thursday May 18th, I have an in-store appearance scheduled at Parthenon Books, located at 333 S. Salina Street in Syracuse. The event is free, and it commences at 6 pm. Parthenon has copies of Gabba Gabba Hey! in stock, available for your purchasing pleasure. I'll be reading from the book, attempting to answer questions, and continuing to practice this autograph-signin' thing. And I'm really tickled with the wording of Parthenon's social media post about the event last night:

"Twenty, twenty, twenty-four hours to go, I want to be - at Parthenon Bookstore to see Carl Cafarelli read from and sign his new book, Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation with the Ramones. If you have nothin' to do, nowhere to go-oh, come on down!"

Man, I love it when people hype on my behalf better than I can hype on my behalf.

After that, my final scheduled Gabba Gabba Hey! appearance this month will be at Barnes & Noble, 3454 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt, NY. That's this Saturday May 20th at 2 pm. This will likely be a more low-key gig, so do come and keep me company. It's off to NYC in late June, with some more press possible between now and then.

The above all adds to the giddy environment of the book's publication: being interviewed by S. W. Lauden for his Remember The Lightning blog, plugging the book on the Bridge Street TV show, and the sheer exhilaration of the book release party last Saturday at The 443 Social Club and Lounge. I'm having trouble maintaining a proper Johnny Ramone scowl.

Oh, and one more thing. There was, y'know...this:


# 1 new release in punk? The people have spoken! And they're saying GABBA GABBA HEY!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

1 comment: