Friday, March 11, 2016

Blogkeeping



Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) will reach 4000 page views today.  While that's admittedly a pretty small number, it really ain't bad for a two-month-old blog that's only been promoted to my Facebook friends, and to folks who receive the weekly This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio playlists.

When I started this blog, I committed to making at least one blog post every day, whether newly-written nuggets or older material from my vast archive.  That minimum goal of one post a day remains the plan.  I don't have a lot of archival stuff remaining in my digital files, but I will be serializing my long history of bubblegum music (written for Goldmine, then considerably condensed for publication in the fab book Bubblegum Music Is The Naked Truth), probably starting next week or the week after. I've been writing some new stuff, including "Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio," my current serialized reminiscence about listening to records and reading comic books while growing up in the 1960s; that serial will continue next week, with an entry about 1968, and will take us to the '70s in subsequent installments. I also have a lot of cool old stuff in my non-digital files, much of which I'll post after I (gulp) type 'em all over again.

I've deleted two previous posts (the first two chapters of Eternity Man!, which are contained in their entirety HERE).  For now, I thank you for checking out my ramblings, and promise much more to come on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do).  If you like this stuff, spread the word, my minions!  And feel free to contact me at carlcafarelli@gmail.com  Thank you, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment