Saturday, March 21, 2020

POP-A-LOOZA: Coffee



Every Friday, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares a post from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. This week's shared post is my recent celebration of the splendor and wonder of my morning coffee.

If Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) were a college student, it would be a pop music major with a minor in superhero comic books. If that seems like an odd course of study, well, to quote Professor Popeye, I yam what I yam. I've occasionally (if infrequently) ventured into topics related to food and drink. There was my rumination on the importance of the family meal at Thanksgiving (and its follow-up Thanksgiving Redux), my failed attempt to create a new flavor of Lay's Potato Chips, a statement of my love of cereal, and a piece about my favorite brand names included some consumables. There was also a piece on Halloween costumes and candy, and a pair of Everlasting First sidebars--Part One and Part Two--touched on a number of my first experiences with various things, including some foods in Part One. And the larger story of my life in the '80s--The Road To GOLDMINE--covers part of my fast-food career, as well as my job at a record store and my first freelance writing sales.

But we start with coffee. We always start with coffee. Grab a cup, and settle in with this week's Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.



TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!
You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:

Volume 1: download
Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

Hey, Carl's writin' a book! The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) will contain 124 essays about 124 tracks, each one of 'em THE greatest record ever made. An infinite number of records can each be the greatest record ever made, as long as they take turns. Updated initial information can be seen here: THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! (Volume 1).

No comments:

Post a Comment