Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Fake THIS IS ROCK 'N' ROLL RADIO Playlist: My 1960s



Our server took a knee on Sunday, cancelling this week's presumably-exciting edition of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl. Since there's no playlist this week, why not slap together a fictional playlist to enjoy in its place? This fake playlist is inspired by my memories of My 1960s, and consists only of songs from the '60s that I remember hearing as a kid growing up in the '60s. It includes nothing I came to after the fact--no '60s nuggets I heard on oldies shows in the '70s, nor (with one exception) anything from the Nuggets compilation for that matter--just rock 'n' pop from the '60s that I heard roughly contemporaneously.

(Timeline: I was born in 1960, and my earliest musical memories go back to when I was three in 1963. Come on baby, let's do The Twist! Yeah, that song was released in 1960, but it was still everywhere in the pre-Beatles days.)

NEXT WEEK: This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio returns for real on Sunday, October 1st, with the 2017 edition of DANA'S FUNKY SOUL PIT! This is what rock 'n' roll radio didn't sound like on a Sunday night in Syracuse this week.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl streams every...um, MOST Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern at www.westcottradio.org

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here.

FAKE TIRnRR: My 1960s

CHUBBY CHECKER: The Twist
--
THE BEATLES: All My Loving
PETER, PAUL & MARY: Puff The Magic Dragon
THE ROLLING STONES: Get Off Of My Cloud
THE SUPREMES: Stop! In The Name Of Love
THE BEACH BOYS: Surfer Girl
THE CASTAWAYS: Liar Liar
--
THE MONKEES: She
GENE PITNEY: Half Heaven, Half Heartache
THE DAVE CLARK FIVE: Bits And Pieces
THE FIVE AMERICANS: Western Union
THE SEARCHERS: Love Potion # 9
THE ROYAL GUARDSMEN: Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
--
THE ROYAL GUARDSMEN: The Return Of The Red Baron
THE ARCHIES: Sugar Sugar
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE: Somebody To Love
NANCY SINATRA: These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
GARY LEWIS & THE PLAYBOYS: Save Your Heart For Me
CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN: Fire
--
THE BAT BOYS: The Batman Theme
THE ZOMBIES: Time Of The Season
THE AMERICAN BREED: Bend Me, Shape Me
ADAM FAITH & THE ROULETTES: It's Alright
THE BEATLES: Can't Buy Me Love
THE DAVE CLARK FIVE: I Like It Like That
--
LESLEY GORE: California Nights
JAN & DEAN: The Little Old Lady From Pasadena
TWINKLE: Terry
FREDDY CANNON: Teen Queen Of The Week
TOMMY JAMES & THE SHONDELLS: Hanky Panky
THE SURFARIS: Wipeout
--
THE BOBBY FULLER FOUR: I Fought The Law
ANDY WILLIIAMS: A Fool Never Learns
EYDIE GORME: Blame It On The Bossa Nova
THE BEATLES: I'll Follow The Sun
STEPPENWOLF: Born To Be Wild
THE 5th DIMENSION: Up, Up And Away
--
THE TURTLES: Happy Together
BILLY JOE ROYAL: Down In The Boondocks
THE MONKEES: (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS: Monday, Monday
DUSTY SPRINGFIELD: Wishin' And Hopin'
HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS: The Lonely Bull
--
THE BEATLES: A Hard Day's Night
THE BEATLES: Mr. Moonlight
THE BEATLES: She Loves You
THE BEATLES: I Don't Want To Spoil The Party
THE BEATLES: And I Love Her
THE BEATLES: I Saw Her Standing There
--
THE T-BONES: No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
BEN COLDER: Ring Of Smoke
JEANNIE C. RILEY: Harper Valley P.T.A.
THE MONKEES: Papa Gene's Blues
THE BEATLES: Eight Days A Week
THE BEATLES: I Want To Hold Your Hand
PERCY FAITH & HIS ORCHESTRA: Little Bells & Big Bells
THE BEATLES: Revolution 9
[Okay. Just kidding on that last one.]

No comments:

Post a Comment