Friday, December 16, 2022

Still More Book Stuff

Earlier this week, my publisher provided me with a pdf of the final interior for my forthcoming book. I had already proofread the file last week, suggested minor tidying, and responded to two questions from editorial. This final review was a formality, one last chance to triple-check the book before it moves to the next step. No further tweaks were necessary. I told my editor that any remaining glitches that somehow survived the vetting process have earned their right to be there. She agreed, I approved, and my book-in-waiting now continues on its path to becoming a book.

That's the interior. I think the cover comes next, as well as (I hope) the reactions from various cool folks who received pdfs of the uncorrected draft and were invited to offer comments. Although the book has appeared as a preorder option from various online vendors, the publisher won't announce the book until a cover has been selected. Many of you already know what the book is going to be--and it is **NOT** my long-threatened The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1)--but I will refrain from identifying the book here until given leave to do so. Spring 2023 publication, so...soon.

It was gonna be hardcover. It was switched to paperback, and back to hardcover.
I tell ya, I'm happy either way.

And it's gonna by MY book. My first book. And if there's interest from someone, I have that other book ready to go forward. I've wanted to write books since I was in middle school. That was about fifty years ago. Sometimes a dream can take decades to realize. 

This dream is about to come true.

My apprenticeship! Other authors' books, each of which included my work.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment