Friday, September 16, 2022

SPRING 2023: My First Book

 

Before writing MY book, I contributed material to these books.

I've been telling you for a while that I have a book coming out. My first book! It is NOT my long-threatened epic The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), but it is a nonfiction work about rockin' pop music, and it's very dear to my heart. The publisher has asked me to hold off on announcing specifics, but the book is now scheduled to see the light of day and dark of night in Spring 2023.

Within the next few days, I'll be chatting with the manager of the company's sales and marketing division to discuss the road ahead. The manuscript itself was completed by the end of last year, and it's in the hands of skilled people who know how to take my insights and ramblings and turn 'em all into a book. 

This is the achievement of a lifelong dream for me. A book! I've contributed to other writers' books on several occasions (as pictured in the stack of books seen up top), but it feels so razzafrazzin' fine to finally have a book to call my own. I can't tell you how much it means. And one book may lead to another.

On an unrelated note: Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) is nearing three-quarters of a million views. That's not a huge number by any real-world standard, but it ain't bad for an unknown author basically yelling at the clouds. HEY! YOU! Get off of my cloud. 

But pull up a chair! The long slog to my first million views continues here. Thanks for boppin' by.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment