Tuesday, January 30, 2024

GABBA GABBA HEY! Matthew Street recommends my Ramones book

 

A big ol' Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) shout-out to Matthew Street, whose YouTube channel celebrates all things rockin' pop. Last week, Matthew devoted a new video to my book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones, and I couldn't be more pleased, nor more flattered. You can see Matthew's Gabba-Gabba-YAY! at this link, or by clicking on this image:


Thanks, Matthew!

We've spoken before (but not often enough) on behalf of Matthew's efforts. Here's what appeared here previously on the subject of Syracuse's own power pop powerhouse the Flashcubes:

"The word's getting out about Pop Masters, the fabulous new all-covers album by Syracuse's own power pop powerhouses the Flashcubes. Now, no one should expect me to be unbiased about this; the 'Cubes have meant a great deal to me for a very long time, and, as I've said in other context elsewhere, why in the world would anyone ever want to be objective about pop music? That's no friggin' fun at all, my friends. Staple heart to sleeve. Testify. Believe.

"I will direct you to someone else's testimony on behalf of Pop Masters: YouTuber Matthew Street, who preaches about Pop Masters in this video. Matt also spoke at length with 'Cubes guitarist Paul Armstrong here, and this proudly biased 'Cubes fan appreciates it. Go, Matthew! Go, FLASHCUBES!!"

So! Matthew digs the Ramones, the Flashcubes, the Beatles, the Midnight Callers, and much more stuff of the cool nature. Our kinda guy! I'm a proud subscriber to his YouTube channel, and you should consider subscribing, too. Then YOU can bop like the rest of us hip folks!

Meanwhile, I'm delighted that Matthew also digs my book, and his video shows that he gets whatever it was I intended with Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones. I'm particularly pleased with how Matthew describes my interactions with Johnny Ramone, whom I'd been warned could be difficult, but...well, watch the video!  Yeah, Matthew gets it, man.

You can buy my book here, or from wherever you prefer to get your books. Thanks again, Matthew!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

If it's true that one book leads to another, my next book will be The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). Stay tuned. Your turn is coming.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment