Friday, January 29, 2016

Make way for ETERNITY MAN!

While I've been a music fan for my entire life, I've been a fan of superheroes for almost as long.  When the thought of becoming a writer first occurred to me (at my cousin Donna's wedding, oddly enough), my specific goal was to write superhero comic books.  I tried my hand at that several times over the years, beginning with Batman stories, creating a couple of (theoretically) original characters, and even submitting stuff to DC Comics.  Never sold anything, mind you--and that's fair, because my stuff actually wasn't very good--and I moved on from trying to write comics, and from trying to write fiction of any kind, into writing pop journalism instead.  That worked out okay for me.

But I'm going to try my hand at it again.  

In a few days, I'll be starting a brand-new feature on this blog:  ETERNITY MAN!  It's a serialized original prose story starring Eternity Man, a time-traveling 1940s superhero from the future, and his granddaughter in 2016, a 28-year-old bass guitarist named Jenny Woo.  I'll be posting one chapter a week for a few weeks, and then we'll see where we go from there.  Chapters are VERY short--my lovely wife Brenda compared them to a Ramones song, short 'n' sharp--meant to be consumed and enjoyed quickly.  It's been a lot of fun throwing together, so I hope you'll enjoy these fast-paced adventures of ETERNITY MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment