Thursday, September 8, 2016

Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) # 250





Just glanced at the scroll to my left and realized that this is Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do)'s 250th published post. I had a couple of other things I was working on, but we'll let the 250th post stand on its own.  I thank you all once again for checking in on my lonely little corner of the internet, and I'll continue the Boppin' promise for as long as I can: at least one post a day, every day.




What was I working on? Well, if not for the big ol' 2-5-0, today's post would have been either something about the first live albums I owned, or a short piece about Badfinger. Beyond that, I'm writing an essay on Brian Wilson's appearance at the New York State Fair last week, and the little cyclone of emotions I experienced that day; I hope to have a 50th anniversary Monkees post ready for public viewing soon; The Everlasting First will continue its A-Z tour through my first exposures to various rock groups and comic book characters, with F standing for The Flamin' Groovies and Flash Gordon.  I also need to post the official guidelines for our Who Needs Dana & Carl? fundraising gimmick on behalf of Spark Syracuse; details are forthcoming, but if you donate $100 or more at http://sparksyracuse.org/support/, you get to pick the music for one future episode of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl. Such the deal! Give! Give, awready!



If you haven't already used up all of your e-mail addresses voting for Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) as Best Blog in The Syracuse New TimesBest Of Syracuse '16 Readers Poll, I encourage you to use up all your e-mail addresses...you know. Here are your orders again:

Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) for Best Blog
Jowonio School for Best Preschool Program and Best Afterschool Program
Spark Syracuse for Best Not-For-Profit
Ronnie Dark for Best Radio Personality
Darkroom for Best Rock Group and Best Band Name
Comix Zone for Best Comics Store
Music And More for Best Place To Buy Music
Al Stirpe for Most Trusted Local Politician

I ask a lot, I know, but c'mon! I give you a blog post every day! Some of the posts are even sort of not bad, really.  And there's pictures!

 

I'm just about to start work on a non-blog thing I hope to announce some time soon. Nothing earth-shattering, and nothing really imminent yet; I'll let you know when there's something to report. Meanwhile, this past Sunday's Radio Worth Paying For! edition of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio is now available for download here, and this coming Sunday, September 11th, TIRnRR will devote its whole three-hour tour to a celebration of 50 YEARS OF THE MONKEES! Can't miss that, so join us Sunday night 9 to Midnight Eastern at www.westcottradio.org

Now, the long slog to Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) # 500 begins tomorrow. I might wanna consider packin' a snack.




No comments:

Post a Comment