Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January Post To Patrons

A quick thanks to all of you who support my blog on Patreon. Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) is approaching its first anniversary on January 18th, and it's been such a pure joy to write again. Your contributions help keep me inspired; I wrote nearly 160,000 words of new material for the blog in 2016, not even counting the modest treasure chest of older material I've dug out of the archives (nor even counting the new introductions I wrote for the archival stuff), and I hope to keep that up in this minty-fresh new year.
By now, all patrons should have received the  unpublished intro from my Ramones book, a book that I might finish writing...someday. I just completed the first draft of January's patron-only post, a Greatest Record Ever Made examination of "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks. I wanna give that another once over, and I should have it ready by Wednesday or Thursday. Neither the Ramones piece nor this brand-new Kinks piece will be available to the public until April or May, maybe later. Until then, it's a thank-you gift ONLY for my lovable patrons. Don't ever set me free....
You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment