Recently, Steve Stoeckel posted this challenge on Facebook:
At a party, try a few well-chosen phrases--said to no one in particular--that are guaranteed to make you the center of attention for a few seconds.
"They found Babylonian Tupperware."
"To me, he was always Chuck Manson."
And now a few more after the fact:
12. "I wish folks would quit picking on those poor, defenseless Nazis."
13. "You have good taste. Could still use a little mustard, though."
14. "Flatulence is its own reward."
15. "You snore in your sleep. I have the tapes to prove it."
16. "No, that was my OTHER self."
17. "It's too bad The Beatles were such lousy dancers."
18. "Bathroom. Living Room. Kitchen. If you really gotta go, what's the difference?"
19. "Oh, this room will look SO pretty when it burns!"
20. "Don't blame me. I didn't vote."
You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby!