Wednesday, May 31, 2017

More Of The Blogkeeping! (Monkees and Beatles, Oh My!)

A couple of quick updates to yesterday's blogkeeping:




This week (either Thursday or Friday) will see the debut of a new series, Second-Hand Sound, which examines some of my used record purchases over the years. The first entry will focus on The Monkees' Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones, Ltd., which I bought for fifty cents at Mike's Sound Center in North Syracuse in 1977.

This month's Private Post for paid subscribers will be the "My 1970s" piece I mentioned yesterday, detailing some of the music I listened to from 1970 through 1979. It's a sort-of sequel to my previous Teenage Wasteland, which talked about the albums that affected me in the '70s; I've always really been more of a single-song guy than an album guy, so "My 1970s" will be a deeper look at the music that mattered the most to me when I was a teen. This post will initially only be available to subscribers, and will not be published publicly until at least July. You can become a subscriber for as little as $2 a month, billed month to month: Fund me, baby! 

My private post from April will publish publicly on Saturday, I think. This was the debut of Groove Gratitude (A Gift Of Music), and it told the story of how I received The Beatles' White Album, and what it meant to me.

Before that, the Groove Gratitude series will make its public debut with a discussion of a different Beatles album: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I hope to have that ready by Friday, the 50th anniversary of its original U.S. release.

Work continues on our new compilation CD, This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4. On Sunday, This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl will have an announcement of at least one of the two remaining TIRnRR4 acts that we haven't revealed yet. We may be able to announce both of them, depending upon how a few other factors play out over the next few days. Both acts have connections to the Central New York area.

I have a sidebar edition of The Everlasting First almost ready for publication, offering quick bits about the first CD I ever owned, the first VHS tape I ever owned, my first girlfriend, my first broken heart, et al. I had planned to run it this week, but I think I'd like to put in a few more general-interest posts before I run that. And, on this blog, what's more general interest than The Beatles and The Monkees? (I have some Batman coming soon, too, but not this week. And Comic Book Retroview's coverage of DC Comics' 100-Page Super Spectaculars should return with its concluding chapter next week.)

Hey, any requests? Can't guarantee I'll get to 'em, but I'll consider 'em. I have no shortage of ideas for the blog; I'm just short on time to execute those ideas. (And yes, a few of those ideas probably should be executed. Like, at dawn, with benefit of neither blindfold nor cigarette.)

No comments:

Post a Comment