Thursday, July 19, 2018

THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE: "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"

An infinite number of rockin' pop records can be the greatest record ever made, as long as they take turns. Today, this is THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE!

THE JAYHAWKS: "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"


I may as well get this confession out of the way: I don't know a damned thing about The Jayhawks. I mean, I know who they are. Kind of. I've heard of them. I know they're well-regarded, well-respected. Americana comes to mind as the word I think I've seen pundits use to describe their music. I'm sure I could easily find out a lot more about them, and I could hear all of their recorded work and make an informed decision about how much of it I should add to my own collection of tunes. I'm not proud of my ignorance, and I will attempt to remedy it. I do have the Smile album--they were the first band to make it to retail with that album title--and I recall liking the title track, too. I hear they've backed Ray Davies, and that's pretty impressive, right? I will know more about The Jayhawks before I become dust.

But for now, I already know one thing above all else: The Jayhawks' "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" is The Greatest Record Ever Made. I knew it the first time I heard it. The certainty renews each time I hear it again.

That's it. Sometimes it's just as simple as that.



TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment