Saturday, February 12, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE EVERLASTING FIRST! The Green Hornet

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is another installment of The Everlasting First, this time looking back on how I first encountered a character that would become one of my favorite fictional heroes: The Green Hornet.

Suffice it to say that I really, really like the Green Hornet and Kato, specifically the versions portrayed on TV in 1966-67 by actors Van Williams and Bruce Lee. I've even tried my hand at writing them in an abandoned project called The Beat And The Sting. I still think that's a potentially good story, but it's not likely anyone's going to be hiring me to write Green Hornet adventures any time soon. For a glimpse at the rough idea for The Beat And The Sting, I direct you to its teaser blurb and its introductory script pages

I have one additional Green Hornet piece to share in a near-future Pop-A-Looza, turning to the music that made the Green Hornet's TV show buzz so engagingly. But my affection for the Green Hornet, his aide Kato, and their rolling arsenal the Black Beauty had to start somewhere. A fond recollection of my origin as a Green Hornet fan provides the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment