Saturday, February 19, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! Nelson Riddle, "The Batman Theme"


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is another of my infinite rants on behalf of my concept The Greatest Record Ever Made!, this time shining the ol' Bat-Signal on "The Batman Theme" by Nelson Riddle.

When this piece was originally posted here about a year ago, it was intended to be part of my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). Alas, it is no longer part of that project in its current projected form. 

I remain a Batman fan. I still read the Batman and Detective Comics comic books, and I'll be seeing the new film The Batman not long after its release in March. The origins of my Batman fandom were told here and here, and supplemented here. For fun, I also concocted a series of Batman's Degrees Of Separation (Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4), and a fancy about Batman Meets The Monkees. Playing it straight, I wrote a Batman fanfic short story called "The Undersea World Of Mr. Freeze," and I'm very proud of that one. 

(And, knowing I would never in a million years be able to sell that Batman story to DC Comics, I repurposed one of its fight scenes and used it in a short story I sold to the good folks at AHOY Comics, "The Copperhead Strikes!" I am confident that the Batman himself would approve of my efficiency in recycling ideas.)

But today, we celebrate music to fight crime by. A Greatest Record Ever Made! tribute to "The Batman Theme" is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment