Saturday, February 26, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: I'm At BAT!


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a fun little baseball-related trifle I call "I'm At BAT!"

The baseball connection in this piece is purely a convenience, an excuse to string together an amusement for your reading pleasure. I'm no longer much of a baseball fan, but I've also written a piece called "Diamond Are Forever," a chronicle of when I followed baseball in general and the New York Yankees in particular. I first became interested in baseball when I was in fourth grade--the same time I became interested in both Big Little Books and nude models in Playboy  magazine--and that story was a small part of my 1960s autobiography Singers, Superheroes, And Songs On The Radio. My larger interest in sports (especially Syracuse University men's basketball) was discussed here.

But today, still a little bit of a ways away from opening day, we turn to a baseball fantasy called "I'm At BAT!" It's the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment