Wednesday, August 3, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA! My All-Time Top 20 Favorite TV Shows


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post celebrates the magic of cathode-ray (and LCD) catharsis, with a list of my all-time Top 20 favorite TV shows.

I'm not at all ashamed to say that I love TV. The love isn't indiscriminate--I despise most reality shows and all right-wing punditry, and I've generally lost interest in sitcoms--yet it is a love proud to speak its name. I haven't written many blog pieces about TV, but I have written a few:

Video Thrills The Radio...Guy

Quarantine Screen

Veronica Mars

Superheroes On TV

Adam West

The Green Hornet

The Powerpuff Girls

The CW's Crisis On Infinite Earths

Riverdale, Part 1

Riverdale, Part 2

Nancy Drew

Rock 'n' Roll On TV

Mark Evanier Presents Rock 'n' Roll On The Lucy Show

The Monkees

Jeopardy!

MTV's Remote Control

Another Updated List Of TV Series I've Seen From Start To Finish

My long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) has at various times included a few songs that were used as theme songs for TV series. Chapters about "The Batman Theme" and "The Green Hornet Theme" are not part of the book's current plan, but the Dandy Warhols' "We Used To Be Friends" (which was the theme for Veronica Mars) remains in some of my blueprints, and "The Transylvania Twist" (performed by Syracuse's own beloved 1960s TV vampire Baron Daemon) is included in all potential versions of the GREM! book. The Baron Daemon chapter is one of the most popular pieces ever to appear on this blog, and it's certainly one of my favorites.,

And I'm all about favorites! A list of my all-time top 20 favorite TV shows serves as the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment