Monday, July 11, 2022

Mark Evanier presents Rock 'n' Roll On THE LUCY SHOW

My favorite blog is writer Mark Evanier's News From Me, which remains the working model for what I try to do here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do). Recently, Mark posted a clip from a 1965 episode of The Lucy Show in which our Lucy is on the set of a Shindig!/Hullabaloo-type pop program called Wing Ding. You can see the clip and read Mark's commentary about it here.

I was quite taken by the clip (albeit not in a 100% positive way), and I emailed Mark my thoughts about it. He then quoted my comments in his follow-up post, as seen here.

And I couldn't feel more honored. Let's hear it for Wing Ding!

POSTSCRIPT: I have now seen the episode, and it's, um...awful. But I'm glad I saw it, and it reinforces what I said about mainstream Hollywood's inability to understand rock 'n' roll in the '50s and '60s (and later).

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment