Tuesday, September 27, 2022

BOPPIN' Hits Three-Quarters Of A Million Views

By the time we got to Tuesday, we were three-quarters of a million strong. Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) is bigger than Woodstock.

Monday night, 8:03 Eastern time
I'm aware that passing the 750,000 click mark isn't all that much of a real-world accomplishment. Nor is it really a big cyber-world milestone, as so many bloggers and vloggers routinely hit that figure again and again. An influencer I ain't.  

But I'm still here. Every day. 2565 posts over the course of six years and ten months. My soapbox is modest, even if I'm not. But I'll keep jumping on this thing, and I'll keep hoping that people read what I write. 

My first book is coming out in the Spring. I look forward to telling you all about that (and I have two posts about it all ready to go as soon the publisher says it's okay for me to go public with details). There's a new This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation CD due out by the end of next week, and I'll have a few things to say about that, too. 

I'll have a few things to say about a lot of things. Nearly seven years ago, the unexpected depth of emotion I felt when David Bowie died compelled me to start writing a daily blog on January 18th, 2016. That blog hasn't missed a day yet, and I aim to keep doing it for as long as I'm able. I thank you for being at least one in 750,000. And I hope you'll join me as the slog toward my first million views continues. If it's not much in the real world, that's still okay. Boppin' is its own reward.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment