Saturday, September 10, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE EVERLASTING FIRST! Generation X, The Ghost Rider, The Grass Roots, and The Green Arrow


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post continues my saga of The Everlasting First, this time recalling my introductions to a mixed quartet of rock 'n' roll and funnybook entities: Generation X, the Ghost Rider, the Grass Roots, and the Green Arrow.

Of these four, the two music acts retain a more immediate relevance for me. Both the Grass Roots and Generation X are fixtures on my iPod, but I haven't read or seen any Ghost Rider or Green Arrow adventures lately. That will probably change; I'm sure Ghost Rider will become a part of Marvel Comics' cinematic universe, and I do indeed keep up with the MCU. Green Arrow likely has some presence in the stack of new comic books I've accumulated the past few months but haven't gotten 'round to reading yet. 

But we treat 'em all equally in the retrospective world of The Everlasting First. Memories of my first exposures to a '70s punk group fronted by Billy Idol, a biker who made a deal with the Devil, a fantastic AM Top 40 singles group, and a battling bowman named Oliver Queen serve as the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment