Friday, October 21, 2022

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ: A New CD, A Radio Interview, A Forthcoming Book, Another Book Ready To Go, Another In The Wings

We're in the midst of a flurry of activity here at Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) Central Command, and it seems like we should pause long enough to make note of some of what's been going on.

First, our new compilation album This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 5 has been generating its own positive buzz. I can't pretend to look at this project objectively, but to hell with objectivity anyway. This thing's flippin' fantastic. It even looks fabulous. We couldn't be prouder, and we urge all 'n' sundry to pick up their very own copy of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 5. You can read about it here, and you can order it on CD or as a download. I do believe you'll be glad you did.

This Sunday, October 23rd, Dana and I are going to celebrate the CD's release with an appearance on Michael Mitsch's radio show Back To The Future. Michael's gonna play a bunch of tracks from TIRnRR Vol. 5, as well as music from some of our previous compilations and a few other rockin' pop irresistibles. We'll chat with Michael about the CD, and about the long and storied history of whatever it is we do on This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio. We'll also talk about the Ramones, the Kinks, the Flashcubes, the Smithereens, and any other glittery thing that flits into our POV. The show airs Sunday, October 23rd from 6 to 9 pm Eastern, and Michael informs us that the TIRnRR portion will take up the second half of the show. It all happens on WMSC-FM in Montclair, New Jersey: 90.3 on the local radio dial, https://wmscradio.com/ on the great 'n' powerful internet, and via Radio Garden and iHeart Radio. Join us!

Oh, hey! Back To The Future will end just as this week's exciting episode of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio gets started. A total of almost five hours of Dana & Carl! HuzZAH!

Moving from music to the written word, I received an intriguing email from Amazon this week. It was merely hype, pointing me to a forthcoming book that Amazon's internal mechanism decided might be of interest to me. And it's a book that is indeed of GREAT interest to me.

I wrote it.

It was a cool little notice to see in my inbox. The book is still about seven months away from publication, hasn't gone through edits and proofs, hasn't finalized a cover design, and has not yet been formally announced by the publisher. But it's appeared as a preorder option from the usual suspects, and I'm gettin' stoked. My first book! 

As explained in a previous post, I'm refraining from specific comments about the book until the publisher says [Redacted] [Redacted] [Redacted] GO! The head of marketing contacted me to go over potential blurb resources, and the publisher and I just exchanged emails about the cover design. It's happening. It's real. My first book. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Meanwhile, I just finished a fresh proofread and punch-up of my long-threatened other book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). From earlier drafts that were just too long to be marketable, I've winnowed the song selection to 135 tracks and shortened the word count to under 115,000. Me being me, I'm sure I'll keep tweaking it here and there, but it's basically ready to go, and I'm happy with it. I remain hopeful that the publisher of my first book will also be interested in moving The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) beyond its idle threat status.

I haven't had time to write any fiction lately. AHOY Comics has published all of the prose fiction I sold to them, and has one more story under consideration. In 2023, I'm going to look into self-publishing Guitars Vs. Rayguns!, a book of these and some of my other short stories. The book will not include any of my Copperhead Kid and related adventures. Still hope to finish the Copperhead saga as its own separate novel.

And that's where I think I am and what this place looks like today. Back to work.

"Work...?!"

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment